A panel discussion on facts, law and diplomacy concerning Eastern Ghouta.
Topic: facts on sieges and forced displacement of civilians, failure of international law and diplomacy, and challenges for accountability.
- Hussam Alkatlaby, director Syrian Violations Documentation Centre (VDC)
- Dr Karin Wester, policy advisor Middle East & North Africa, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Joost Hiltermann, program director Middle east & North Africa, International Crisis Group (ICG)
- Kevin Jon Heller, associate professor Public International Law, ACIL, UvA
Moderator: dr. Frederiek de Vlaming (UvA)
- War Reparations Centre / Amsterdam Centre for International Law (ACIL),
- Amsterdam Students Association (ASA) international law
- Syria Legal Network (SLN)
Wednesday 2 May 2018, 17.00-19.00 hrs.
Location: Building A room 3.15, Roeterseiland Campus Amsterdam
The panel discussion will be followed by a reception. Attendance is free but registry is mandatory. Register on this website.